Sunday, July 25, 2004

RAM*: Back to Basics

From the first times I listened to Leily Nahary album, I got this nostalgic feeling. The feeling of the early times of Amr, especially the times he worked with the Libyan artist Hameed Al-Sha'eri (good for ya Hameed Lover!).

Many melodies remind me with the past. The music style brings back the old good times of the late 80s and the early 90s. This may sound weird because I wasn't born until 1984 but I used to listen and like music from that period.

However, I was disappointed when the new album released and I could not find Hameed's name on the cover of the CD. Before the album released there was plenty of news about a reunion between Amr and Hameed in a song called "Rehit El-Habaib." I even read an interview for Hameed where he confirmed that. When the album released, the song was there but Hameed wasn't!

What happened?! Anyone got anything about this?

*What the hell is RAM?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home