Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Ads Can't Make Hits

While Sherine Wagdy's new album ad was poping-up in my face on every music and non-music channel, Amr Diab's new album ad was rarely seen on Rotana TV only. Why does Rotana make this difference in the ad campaigns between the albums? Is Sherine Wagdy more important to Rotana than Amr Diab? I really can't understand it.

It wasn't only on TV. Sherine Wagdy's ads were available all the time through radio stations, newspapers, magazines and on the streets. I don't know if Amr is just lazy to do an ad campaign for himself, but I know that Rotana is blamed for not promoting Amr in the proper way.

I've heard that Sherine's ad campaign were made by her wealthy husband, but this is no excuse for Rotana, as we've seen Rotana making some miracles to promote other artists. I know that ads are not everything, so let's just wait and see who is gonna make the smash hit of this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home